Thursday 1 March 2018

A Bright and Bold New Zealand Home......


 








A lot of the homes I have been featuring of late on Moon to Moon have been nice and chilled and quite neutral, as this is the way I have been headed with my own home to counterbalance the wonderful hecticness (yes that is a new word I have invented) of living with a three year old.


However, I do appreciate a bit of colour and in a world where white walls, natural wood, houseplants, peacock chairs and wall hangings are almost becoming a uniform (I am really not knocking it, I have all this myself) isn't it so refreshing to see an original, quirky home that goes against the grain?


This stunning New Zealand home owned by Evie and Sam home is kinda what I would expect my sister to live in if she had a bigger home. It still has elements of the natural, neutral and handmade, beetle artwork in the sitting room and the studio pottery on the dresser, but also incorporates bright bold prints and plenty of David Bowie inspired artwork and clashing colours...... and the Eero Aarnio ball chair.... I always wanted one of those growing up!




It will be no surprise to learn that Evie is a designer and stylist! and she lives in Auckland with her OBGYN husband Sam. To see more of this beautiful house and read the interview please follow the link to Design Sponge


Photography by Becks Silke from Little White Lies 











3 comments:

Sandi said...

fabulous!

Is that David Bowie?

Rebecca said...

Oh, I love the "hecktiness" (was that the word?) of it, too!

Unknown said...

O reaaaaallllyyyy love ittttttt!!!!!!